Pronouns and Celtic
Ciaran
2006-08-06 08:07:42 UTC
Language, I, thou,he,she, we, yous, they

Cymraeg: fi/i, ti, ef, hi, ni, chwi, hwy
Kernewek: my, ty, ev, hi, ni, hwi, i (from you - thanks)
Brezhoneg: me, ti, en, hi, ni, c'hwi, i

Gaidhlig: mi, thu, e, i, sinn, sibh, iad
Gaelg: mee, oo, eh, ee, shin, shiu, ad
Gaeilge: me, tu, se, si, sinn, sibh, siad

Found out that Asturian and Galician both have singular reflexive
pronouns just the same as Celtic personal pronouns , but the plural
froms are much the same as other Romance languages - compare with
Gaeilge above - interesting given the past links between NW Spain and
Ireland !!!

myself = me
thyself = te
hisself = se
herself = se

Ciaran
L'Araña Prieta
2006-08-21 11:21:08 UTC
Pronombres personales:

yo, mi, conmigo. - nosotros, nosotres.
tú, ti, contigo. -vosotros, vosotres.
elli/ella/ello, sí, consigo. - ellos, elles.

Pronombres átonos:

me - nos.
te - vos.
lu/la/lo - los/les. (C.directu)
-y - -yos. (C. Indireutu)
se.

Posesivos:

mio - mios.
to - tos.
so - sos.

nuestru/nuesu - nuestos/nuesos.
vuestru/vuesu - vuestros/vuesos.
so, d'ella, d'ello, d'elli - sos, d'ellos, d'elles.

(los posesivos ensiempre lleven artículu dellantre)
Ciaran
2006-08-21 13:15:27 UTC
Post by L'Araña Prieta
yo, mi, conmigo. - nosotros, nosotres.
tú, ti, contigo. -vosotros, vosotres.
elli/ella/ello, sí, consigo. - ellos, elles.
me - nos.
te - vos.
lu/la/lo - los/les. (C.directu)
-y - -yos. (C. Indireutu)
se.
mio - mios.
to - tos.
so - sos.
nuestru/nuesu - nuestos/nuesos.
vuestru/vuesu - vuestros/vuesos.
so, d'ella, d'ello, d'elli - sos, d'ellos, d'elles.
(los posesivos ensiempre lleven artículu dellantre)
Interesting - there seems to be some overlap with Celtic languages as
shown below: